• June 27, 2017: Texas A&M Rice Field Day
David R. Wintermann Rice Research Station, Eagle Lake, Texas. This is a late-afternoon event starting at 4 p.m. with dinner provided afterward – event details
• June 27, 2017: Horizon Ag Field Tour
Richards Farms, Kaplan, La. Come out and see a 20-acre commercial-sized field of PVL01, the first Provisia variety released by Louisiana State University AgCenter’s rice breeding program. The variety is being developed in cooperation with BASF, which owns the Provisia trait and accompanying Provisia herbicide. Horizon Ag will market Provisia varieties as it has Clearfield inbred (non-hybrid) varieties. The Provisia field historically had had a weedy rice problem so attendees can view the weed control. Registration at 4:30 p.m.; crop tour at 5 p.m., followed by dinner. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 28, 2017: H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Field Day
Louisiana State University AgCenter, Crowley, La. Tours begin at 7:15 a.m., with the last trailer leaving at 9 a.m. Indoor presentations follow field tours – Event details – Field day program
• July 6, 2017: St. Landry Rice and Soybean Field Tour
Charles Fontenot Farm near Palmetto, La. – Event details
• July 11, 2017: Southeast Texas RiceTec Field Day
Winnie-Stowell Community Building, 335 South Park, Winnie, Texas. Registration at 3:30 p.m., followed by a bus tour at 4 p.m. Dinner and speakers follow the tour at the Winnie-Stowell Community Building. For more information, contact Derrol Grymes, RiceTec district sales manager, at 281-381-9371 or email@example.com; updated event details
• July 12, 2017: Northeast Louisiana Rice Field Day
Oak Ridge and Rayville, La., 9 a.m.-noon. The Northeast Louisiana Rice Field Day will begin in the Oak Ridge area and conclude at the Rayville Civic Center – Event details – For more information, contact Keith Collins at 318-728-3216 or R. Keith Collins
• July 12, 2017: Greene County, Ark., Cropland and Conservation Field Day
Meet at Smith Farm, 1/2 mile south of Walcott, Ark., on Noles Road. Several stops along the way, including a Provisia rice field. RSVP by July 7 to ensure your lunch – event details
• July 13, 2017: Texas A&M Rice Field Day
Texas A&M AgriLife Beaumont Research Center, Beaumont, Texas. Program starts at 8 a.m., with lunch provided afterward – event details
• July 18, 2017: Northeast Region Rolling Crop Field Tour
Morehouse, La. Check back later for more information.
• July 20, 2017: Louisiana RiceTec Field Day
Angelina Plantation Office, 8318 Hwy 565, Monterey, La. Registration starts at 4 p.m., followed by tour, presentations and dinner. For more information, contact Mike Worthington, RiceTec district sales manager, at 337-263-4297 or MWorthington@ricetec.com; updated event details
• Aug. 2, 2017: Mississippi State University Rice Producer Field Day
Delta Research and Extension Center, Stoneville, beginning at 3:30 p.m. – event details
• Aug. 2, 2017: RiceTec Arkansas Field Day
15329 Hwy 1, Harrisburg, Ark., beginning at 4 p.m. Included are field plot tours, speakers, local farmers and updates on the new FullPage line of products. Contact Dr. Brian Ottis of RiceTec at 573-391-0366 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aug. 4, 2017: University of Arkansas Rice Expo
Grand Prairie Center, Stuttgart, Ark. Tours of field trials at the Rice Research and Experiment Station will depart from the Grand Prairie Center – Event details
• Aug. 9, 2017: University of California Weedy Rice Workshop
Yuba City, 9 a.m.-noon. More information, including venue location, to follow
• Aug. 10, 2017: University of California Weedy Rice Workshop
Colusa, 9 a.m.-noon. More information, including venue location, to follow.
• Aug. 10, 2017: Horizon Ag Field Day
Mark Wimpy’s farm near Jonesboro, Ark. More information to follow.
• Aug. 24, 2017: Missouri Rice Field Day
Missouri Rice Research Farm, Malden, Mo. Check back later for more information.
• Aug. 30, 2017: California Rice Experiment Station Field Day
Biggs, Calif. Check back later for more information.
• Aug. 31, 2017: Fisher Delta Research Center Field Day
Portageville, Mo. – Event details
• Sept. 15, 2017: Second Annual University of California Rice Weed Course
Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, Calif. Bring your boots as this is an interactive class – Event details
• Sept. 15, 2017: 27th Annual Rice Tasting Luncheon
Delta State University Walter Sillers Coliseum, Cleveland, Miss., from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. More than 300 rice dishes will be featured, and about 1,000 people are expected to attend. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from County Extension Offices throughout the Delta or Farm Bureau offices. Tickets will also be sold at the door or call (662) 843-8371.
• Dec. 10-12, 2017: 2017 USA Rice Outlook Conference
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas. There also will be an exhibitors’ expo. For more information, contact Jeanette Davis at 703-236-1447 or email@example.com.
• Feb. 14-16, 2018: Louisiana Agricultural Technology & Management Conference
Location to be determined. This is presented by the Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association. Consultants and commercial applicators will receive continuing education credits from timely presentations and information. For more information, contact Denise Wright at 337-945-3694.
• Feb. 19-22, 2018: 37th Rice Technical Working Group
The Westin Long Beach, Long Beach, Calif. – Event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.