• Aug. 23, 2017: Stored Rice Insect Identification Workshop
Colusa Industrial Properties Conference Room, 100 Sunrise Blvd., Colusa, California. Organized by the University of California Cooperative Extension. Space is limited to 20 participants. Workshop is free but online registration is required – registration
• Aug. 24, 2017: Missouri Rice Research and Merchandising Council’s Annual Rice Field Day
Missouri Rice Research Farm, Glennonville, Missouri. (The farm is located about 10 miles west of Malden, Missouri, on Highway J in northern Dunklin County.) – event details
• Aug. 30, 2017: California Rice Experiment Station Field Day
Biggs, California. Among the presentations will be an update on ROXY rice, the RES breeders’ efforts to develop herbicide-tolerant rice. In this case, the experimental lines are resistant to the PPO herbicide, GoalTender (oxyfluorfen). These lines were developed through traditional methods and are NOT GMOs – event details
• Aug. 31, 2017: Fisher Delta Research Center Field Day
Portageville, Mo. – event details
• Sept. 8, 2017: University of Arkansas Agriculture Pine Bluff Field Day
Agriculture Research Station, Pine Bluff. Tour stops include weed control for organic rice – event details
• Sept. 15, 2017: Second Annual University of California Rice Weed Course
Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. Bring your boots as this is an interactive class – event details
• Sept. 15, 2017: 27th Annual Rice Tasting Luncheon
Delta State University Walter Sillers Coliseum, Cleveland, Mississippi, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. More than 300 rice dishes will be featured, and about 1,000 people are expected to attend. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased from County Extension Offices throughout the Delta or Farm Bureau offices. Tickets will also be sold at the door or call (662) 843-8371.
• Dec. 10-12, 2017: 2017 USA Rice Outlook Conference
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas. There also will be an exhibitors’ expo. For more information, contact Jeanette Davis at 703-236-1447 or email@example.com.
• Feb. 14-16, 2018: Louisiana Agricultural Technology & Management Conference
Location to be determined. This is presented by the Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association. Consultants and commercial applicators will receive continuing education credits from timely presentations and information. For more information, contact Denise Wright at 337-945-3694.
• Feb. 19-22, 2018: 37th Rice Technical Working Group
The Westin Long Beach, Long Beach, California. – Event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.