While we try to be as accurate as possible, the coronavirus has created an ever-changing landscape. Please check with event organizers to make sure it is still planned before heading out.
• Dec. 8-10, 2020: 32nd Annual Texas Plant Protection Conference — VIRTUAL
This three-day event has a general session as well as a number of concurrent break-out sessions, depending on your crop interest. CEUs also available – event details
• Dec. 9-11, 2020: USA Rice Outlook Conference – CANCELED
The 2021 Rice Outlook Conference is planned for December 2021 in New Orleans.
• Feb. 9-11, 2021: Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association Annual Meeting
Randolph Riverfront Center, Alexandria, Louisiana. Check back later for more details.
• Feb. 26-27, 2021: 69th Annual Mid-South Farm and Gin Show
Renasant Convention Center (formerly the Cook Convention Center), 255 N. Main St., Memphis, Tennessee – event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are links to virtual field days or educational sessions
held earlier in 2021.
• 2020 LSU AgCenter H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Virtual Annual Field Day
View the recorded sessions now.
• 2020 Texas A&M AgriLife Research Virtual Rice Field Day
Texas A&M normally holds two field days: one in Eagle Lake and one in Beaumont. Those events have now gone virtual. These are broken into different subjects, such as rice breeding, insect management, rice disease control, weed issues and decision tools. View the recorded sessions now.
• 2020 LSU AgCenter Northeast Louisiana Row Rice Virtual Field Day
This is a virtual event that can be viewed on the AgCenter’s Northeast Louisiana Row Rice YouTube channel. The videos are broken up into subjects, such as diseases, insects, breeding, rice and soybeans, and soybean diseases.
• Mississippi State University Virtual Moisture Sensor Showcase
Want to get compare moisture sensors before you purchase one? Visit the MSU virtual moisture sensor showcase, which involves 11 different models. Learn more at https://www.ncaar.msstate.edu/outreach/index.php#showcase.
• 2020 Missouri Rice Online Virtual Field Day
The presentations are broken up into subjects, such as row rice, furrow-irrigated rice bed widths, residual grass control and nitrogen management for row rice. View the presentations here: http://www.missouririce.com/2020-virtual-rice-field-day/
• University of Arkansas Rice Virtual Field Day
If you missed the virtual field day Aug. 20, you can view the individual presentations at https://aaes.uark.edu/field-days/rice/.
• 2020 University of Missouri Fisher Delta Research Center Virtual Field Day
Videos of the presentations are posted at https://delta.missouri.edu/field-day/.
• 2020 California Rice Virtual Field Day
Video of the presentation is posted on YouTube at https://youtu.be/BKOOitenM4M