• July 18, 2019: Northeast Louisiana Rice Field Day
Jason Waller Farm, near Mer Rouge, Louisiana, 9 a.m.-noon. The event will start at the Jason Waller Farm, located 7 miles north of Mer Rouge on U.S. Highway 165. Signs to the location will be posted along the highway. Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. with the event starting at 9 a.m. After presentations at the farm, the field day moves to St. Andrews Lodge, 220 Davenport Ave., Mer Rouge, for more presentations, concluding with lunch. For more information, please contact Keith Collins at 318-355-0703 or email Keith Collins
• July 18, 2019: Rohwer Row Crops Field Day
University of Arkansas Rohwer Research Station, Watson, Arkansas – event details
• July 23-25, 2019: 2019 Southern Region Water Conference
Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, College Station, Texas. The theme this year will be sustainable water management – event details
• July 25, 2019: LSU AgCenter Rolling Crops Field Tour
Tour starts at the Nutrien Ag Solutions near Bunkie at 1970 Louisiana Highway 29. LSU AgCenter vehicles will be provided for traveling to five locations, with departure no later than 8:05 a.m. Stops include the James Deshotel farm near Bunkie for presentations on sweet potatoes; the Steele tree farm near Bunkie; the Charles Fontenot farm near Palmetto for rice and soybeans; Delano Plantation for cattle and hay; and the Cannatella farm near Melville for corn and sugarcane – event details
• Aug. 1, 2019: Arkansas Rice College
Rice Research and Extension Center, Stuttgart, Arkansas – event details
• Aug. 1, 2019: University of California Weedy Rice Workshop
Colusa Casino Chairman’s Room, Colusa, California, 3730 CA Highway 45, 10 a.m. to noon, followed by lunch. The workshop is free, but you must pre-register. There are only 50 seats, so it’s first come, first served – event details and registration
• Aug. 2, 2019: University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Rice Research & Extension Center Field Day
Stuttgart, Arkansas. Tours start at 7:30 & 9:30. This years speakers include Trent Roberts on soil fertility, variety/hybrid updates from U Ark breeders, Jarrod Hardke on furrow irrigated rice, Larry Purcell with a drone demo, irrigation stop with Chris Henry and more – event details
• Aug. 5, 2019: Mississippi County (Arkansas) Irrigation Field Day
Burdette, Arkansas. This event, hosted by the University of Arkansas and the Natural Resources Conservation Service, will showcase row rice and cover crops. After lunch, which will be provided, a farmer-led discussion panel will focus on row rice and cover crops. The event is free, but please RSVP by July 28 via Eventbrite, email Julie Bennette at Julie.Bennett@USDA.gov or call NRCS 870-563-3207, ext 3. The RSVP will allow a head count to ensure enough food.
• Aug. 6, 2019: 2019 RiceTec Arkansas Field Day
Harrisburg, Arkansas. This is an afternoon field day, so you can get your chores done in the morning – event details
• Aug. 7, 2019: Clay County, Arkansas, Rice Field Day
Contact county chair Stewart Resnick for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aug. 8, 2019: Pine Tree Row Crops Field Day
University of Arkansas Pine Tree Experiment Station, Colt, Arkansas – event details
• Aug. 8, 2019: Mississippi State University Rice Field Day
Delta Research and Extension Center, Stoneville, Mississippi. The 2019 MSU-DREC Rice Producer Field Day will be held on August 8, at the Delta Research and Extension Center at 3:30 p.m. The program will begin at the Capps Center with a brief welcome prior to departing for the field tour. Field tour topics covered will include rice agronomy, weed control, entomology, pathology and breeding. Similar to last year, the 2019 field day will highlight research conducted at Stoneville by many of the graduate students funded by the Mississippi Rice Promotion Board. Immediately following the field day, a social hour will be held at the Delta Council’s conference room and back deck. For more information about the field day, contact Bobby Golden @ 662-769-0274.
• Aug. 13, 2019: Horizon Ag Arkansas Field Day
Coleman Farms, County Road 448, Jonesboro, Arkansas. Field Day registration begins at 4:30 p.m., and the field tour starts at 5 p.m. The event includes guest speakers and dinner – event details
• Aug. 15, 2019: Greene County, Arkansas, Rice Field Day
Contact county agent Dave Freeze for more details: email@example.com
• Aug. 22, 2019: Missouri Rice Research Field Day
Quilen, Missouri. Check back later for more information.
• Aug. 23, 2019: Woodruff County, Arkansas, Rice Field Day
Contact county agent Brent Gordon for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Aug. 28, 2019: California Rice Field Day
Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. Check back later for more information.
• Sept. 20, 2019: Annual Mississippi Rice Tasting Luncheon
This event, which highlights Mississippi Rice Month, will move to a new venue this year. Check back soon for more details.
• Nov. 19-20, 2019: 2019 Arkansas Crop Protection Association Annual Research Conference
Hilton Garden Inn, Fayetteville, Arkansas. More information to come.
• Dec. 8-10, 2019: USA Rice Outlook Conference
Little Rock, Arkansas. This is a mix of a rice-focused trade show and educational presentations. Monday features the Annual Awards Luncheon, where the Rice Award winners will be recognized and a new Rice Leadership Development Class will be named – event details
• Jan. 23-24, 2020: Arkansas Seed Dealers Association Annual Winter Convention
Embassy Suites Hotel, Little Rock, Arkansas – event details
• Feb. 24-27, 2020: Rice Technical Working Group (RTWG)
Perdido Beach Resort, Orange Beach, Alabama. Check back later for more information.
• Feb. 28-29, 2020: 68th Annual Mid-South Farm & Gin Show
Cook Convention Center, Memphis, Tennessee – event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at email@example.com.