While we try to be as accurate as possible, the coronavirus has created an ever-changing landscape. Please check with event organizers to make sure it is still planned before heading out.
• June 21, 2021: University of Arkansas Post-Flood Crop Management Meeting
Dumas Community Center, Dumas, Arkansas. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m. University experts will be on hand to answer questions. The meeting begins at 5 p.m. and dinner will be served. The Dumas Community Center is at 18 Belmont St. in Dumas. RSVP by calling 870-644-3101 and contacting either Larry Earnest at extension 222, or Tanya Hughes, extension 221, by June 18 for head count for the meal.
• June 29, 2021: Horizon Ag Field Tour
Richard Farms, Kaplan, Louisiana. Tour starts at 5 p.m., followed by dinner – event details
• June 29, 2021: Texas A&M Eagle Lake Field Day
This will be limited to the program at the Eagle Lake Community Center beginning at 5 p.m. There will be no field tours at the David R Wintermann Rice Research Station – event details
• June 29, 2021: RiceTec Louisiana Field Day
9 a.m.-noon, Troy Fruge Farm, SE corner of Highway 97 at Ye Olde County Road near Iota. Lunch follows at DI’s Cajun Restaurant in Basile – event details
• June 29, 2021: University of Arkansas Rice Agricultural Sustainability Virtual Field Trip
10-11 a.m. CDT. An overview of the sustainability practices used by the University of Arkansas’ Rice Research and Extension Centers in Stuttgart and Jonesboro. Arkansas’ rice production history, challenges and future will be discussed. Industry leaders from Anheuser-Busch and Riceland will share their sustainability efforts and goals for producers they partner with. Hear from a local rice producer about sustainability practices — event details and registration information
• June 29: Mississippi State University webinar: Strategies to manage and measure soil carbon
Noon, CDT. Join Drs. Beth Baker, Larry Oldham, and Keri Jones with the Mississippi State University Extension Service, for a round table discussion about practical strategies for managing and measuring soil carbon in Mid-South production systems. We’ll cover topics ranging from best management practices for building soil carbon, what soil testing laboratories are measuring and what the information means, and how to set realistic soil carbon storage goals given the unique environmental conditions in the Mid-South. The event is free, but you must preregister to receive a link – registration
• June 30, 2021: LSU AgCenter H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Field Day
Crowley, Louisiana, from 7 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Field tours will begin at 7:15 a.m. with the last tour departing no later than 9:00 am. Tour stops will cover new rice varieties, weed, insect, and disease control, hybrid rice development and agronomic practices. An extensive group of organizations and individuals will present information at the scientific poster session and trade show from 7:15-10:15 a.m. The indoor program will begin at 10:30 a.m. and update guests on an array of rice related topics. Lunch will be served after the program – event flyer
• July 6-8, 2021: Rice Market & Technology Convention
Woodlands Resort and Conference Center, Texas. This event is hosted by the US Rice Producers Association – event details
• July 15, 2021: LSU AgCenter Row Rice Field Day
Northeast Research Station, St. Joseph, Louisiana. More details to come
• Aug. 6, 2021: University of Arkansas Rice Field Day
Rice Research and Experiment Station, Stuttgart, Arkansas. Morning tours followed by lunch. Check back later for more details.
• Aug. 12, 2021: University of Arkansas Rice College
Pine Tree Research Station near Colt, Arkansas. This training event, hosted every other year, will be at Pine Tree for the first time. This will be an all-day training event for rice growers, consultants and industry personnel. Pre-registration will be required, along with a fee of $100 per attendee. Additional details and registration information will be sent out as the event nears. Space will be limited, so be sure to register quickly when you see future announcements.
• Aug. 18, 2021: Missouri Rice Field Day
Glennonville, Missouri – check back for more information.
• Aug. 19, 2021: University of Arkansas Rohwer Field Day
Rohwer Research Station, Rohwer, Arkansas. Check back later for more details.
• Aug. 25, 2021 (tentative): California Rice Experiment Station Field Day
Biggs, California – check back later for more details.
• Oct. 7, 2021 (tentative date): University of Arkansas Virtual Rice and Soybean Field Day
Check back later for more information
• Oct. 14-17, 2021 The 84th International Rice Festival
The rice festival will return to Crowley, Louisiana, after being canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic – event details
• Dec. 5-7, 2021: 2021 USA Rice Outlook Conference
New Orleans, Louisiana – check back later for more information.
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org