• Aug. 15, 2019: Greene County, Arkansas, Rice Field Day
Wall Farm (GPS 36.069195, -90.759445), Highway 412, Light, Arkansas. Program begins at 8:30 a.m., and lunch follows the last stop at Delaplaine Seed Co. Contact county agent Dave Freeze for more details: email@example.com
• Aug. 22, 2019: Southeast Missouri State University and Missouri Rice Research and Merchandising Council Field Day
Missouri Rice Research Farm, 40130 Freddie Tanner Drive, Campbell, Missouri. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.; program begins at 8 a.m. Lunch at noon – event details
• Aug. 23, 2019: Woodruff County, Arkansas, Rice and Soybean Field Day
First tour stop begins near Augusta – Highway 33 N, 1.7 miles north of traffic light in Augusta (GPS 35.3173, -91.3577) Registration begins at 10 a.m., tours start at 10:30 a.m. Bring your boots. CEUs available. Lunch will be provided. To register, contact Woodruff County Extension at 870-347-2556 – event details
• Aug. 28, 2019: California Rice Field Day
California Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. Registration 7:30-8:30 a.m. General session begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by field tours beginning at 9:30 a.m. Lunch at noon – event details
• Aug. 30, 2019: Fisher Delta Research Center Field Day
Rone Exhibit Hall, County Road 308, Portageville, Missouri. Registration begins at 6 a.m.; program begins at 7 a.m.; and field tours begin at 9 a.m. Meeting concludes with lunch at noon. Contact: Tina Clark or 573-379-5431
• Sept. 6, 2019: University of California Rice Weeds Short Course
Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. The day will begin with an interactive field tour of the research plots (Hamilton Road Field) where attendees can get up close to the weeds and rice (bring your boots!) The course will include a hands-on weed identification session on emerging and mature weeds. In the afternoon, speakers will address several pertinent topics in California rice, including algae, weedy rice, regulatory update, best management for grasses and how to construct a weed management program. Enrollment is limited, so register early. The cost is $80 if received by 8/15/2019, $90 if received by 8/30/2019, and $100 if received after 8/30/2019 (if there is space.) The cost for students with a valid student ID is $50/$60/$70. For more details or to register, visit http://wric.ucdavis.edu and click on RICE WEED COURSE. Contact Whitney Brim-DeForest [firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-822-7515] with any questions.
• Sept. 20, 2019: Annual Mississippi Rice Tasting Luncheon
Delta Rice Promotions Inc. is hosting the 29th annual Rice Tasting Luncheon in the Wyatt Gymnasium on the Delta State University campus, Cleveland, Mississippi. NOTE the new location this year. The event is from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. There will be over 300 different rice dishes prepared by Delta area residents and restaurants. There will also be goody bags, door prizes and exhibits. Tickets are $5 each and can be purchased from Bolivar County Extension office by calling 662-843-8371. Tickets will also be sold at the door.
• Nov. 19-20, 2019: 2019 Arkansas Crop Protection Association Annual Research Conference
Hilton Garden Inn, Fayetteville, Arkansas. More information to come.
• Dec. 8-10, 2019: USA Rice Outlook Conference
Little Rock, Arkansas. This is a mix of a rice-focused trade show and educational presentations. Monday features the Annual Awards Luncheon, where the Rice Award winners will be recognized and a new Rice Leadership Development Class will be named – event details
• Jan. 23-24, 2020: Arkansas Seed Dealers Association Annual Winter Convention
Embassy Suites Hotel, Little Rock, Arkansas – event details
• Feb. 4-5, 2020: Mississippi Agricultural Consultants Association Annual Conference
Bost Extension Center, Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi. Check back later for more information.
• Feb. 12-14, 2020: Louisiana Agricultural Technology & Management Conference
Paragon Casino Resort, Marksville, Louisiana. Check back later for more information.
• Feb. 24-27, 2020: Rice Technical Working Group (RTWG)
Perdido Beach Resort, Orange Beach, Alabama. Check back later for more information.
• Feb. 28-29, 2020: 68th Annual Mid-South Farm & Gin Show
Cook Convention Center, Memphis, Tennessee – event details
• July 1, 2020: H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Annual Field Day
Crowley, Louisiana. Check back later for more information.
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at email@example.com.