• May 25, 2018: University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Extension Rice IPM Meeting.
The division’s offices of Poinsett, Craighead and Jackson counties will hold the first Rice IPM meeting of the season at 11:30 a.m., May 25, at the Rice Festival Building in Weiner. The speaker will be Extension rice specialist Jarrod Hardke
• May 30, 2018: LSU AgCenter Southwest Louisiana Rice Field Day
Johnny Hensgens Farm, Iowa, Louisiana – event details
• May 31, 2018: LSU AgCenter Evangeline Parish Rice Field Day
Bieber Farm, Mamou, Louisiana – event details
• June 5, 2018: LSU AgCenter Vermillion Rice Tour,
Kent Lounsberry Farm, south of Lake Arthur – event details
• June 5-7, 2018: Rice Market & Technology Convention
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. This event is hosted by the Houston-based U.S. Rice Producers Association. Held at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Hotel, the annual event brings together major Western Hemisphere rice buyers along with leading allied industries. There also is an exhibit area. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• June 7-8, 2018: Mid-South Agricultural and Environmental Law Conference
University of Memphis Cecil B. Humphreys School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee. The conference is hosted by the Agricultural and Food Law Consortium, which is led by the National Agricultural Law Center. Litigating pesticide drift issues, ethics for ag practitioners and ag tax for farmers and agribusinesses are among the hot topics. For more information, visit National Agricultural Law Center.
• June 13, 2018: Acadia Parish/South Farm Field Day
Crowley, Louisiana. Topics pertaining to rice weed control, insect control, disease control, agronomics and breeding will be discussed as well as soybean production. The field day will begin at 8:30 a.m. and should conclude around 11-ish. Several presenters will give their talks in the lab, and the field tour should start around 9:30 a.m. The address for the South Farm is 7370 South La. 13 in Crowley, which is located right outside the city limits on the south part of town – event details
• June 21, 2018: Texas/Louisiana RiceTec Field Day
Hundley Farm, Mowata, Louisiana, beginning at 9 a.m. You will see the FullPage RT7321 hybrid, which is tolerant to two Adama ALS herbicides, along with current and newer Clearfield hybrids. Lunch will be served, and door prizes will be drawn. Email RiceTec with questions.
• June 26, 2018: Texas A&M Eagle Lake Field Day
David R. Wintermann Rice Research Station. Registration begins at 3 p.m. with tours following at 4 p.m. Evening program, including dinner, moves to the Eagle Lake Community Center. The research station is located on Farm-to-Market Road 102 just north of Eagle Lake. Contact Brandy Morace, email@example.com, for more information.
• June 26, 2018: Horizon Ag Louisiana Field Day
Richard Farms, Kaplan, Louisiana. Registration begins at 4:30, followed by field tours at 5 p.m., speakers and dinner – event details
• June 27, 2018: H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Annual Field Day
LSU AgCenter H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station, Crowley, Louisiana. Tours start at 7:15 a.m., with the last trailer leaving at 9 a.m. – event details – download program flyer
• July 12, 2018: Texas A&M Beaumont Rice Field Day
Tours begin at 8 a.m., followed by industry updates and lunch. 1509 Aggie Drive, Beaumont, Texas. Contact Brandy Morace, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.
• July 18, 2018: LSU AgCenter Northeast Louisiana Rice & Soybean Field Day
Colvin Farm, Rayville, Morehouse Parish, Louisiana – event details
• Aug. 3, 2018: University of Arkansas Rice Field Day
Rice Research and Extension Center, Stuttgart, Arkansas. Please check back later for more information.
• Aug. 7, 2018: University of California Rice Production Workshop
Lundberg Family Farms Conference Room, Richvale, California. CEUs pending. An in-depth workshop that covers the principles and practices of rice production. Please check back later for more information.
• Aug. 7, 2018: Arkansas RiceTec Rice Field Day
Harrisburg, Arkansas, beginning at 4 p.m. You will see FullPage RT7321 hybrid, which is tolerant to two Adama ALS herbicides, along with current and newer Clearfield hybrids. Dinner will follow. Email RiceTec with questions.
• Aug.8, 2018: Mississippi County Water Management Field Day
Florenden Farms, Burdette, Arkansas. Check back later for more information.
• Aug. 23, 2018: Missouri Rice Research and Marketing Council Rice Farm Field Day
The Rice Research Farm is located on Highway J, west of Malden, Missouri. More details to follow.
• Aug. 28-30, 2018: Seventh Annual Texas Groundwater Summit
San Antonio, Texas – event details
• Aug. 29, 2018: California Rice Field Day
California Rice Experiment Station, Biggs, California. General session begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by field tours and lunch. Check back later for more information.
• Aug. 31, 2018: University of Missouri Fisher Delta Center Field Day (all crops)
Lee Farm, Portageville, Missouri – event details
• Oct. 14, 2018: 42nd Annual Arkansas Rice Festival
Weiner, Arkansas. Festivities include a rice cook-off, duck calling contests, and crowning of the new Arkansas Rice Festival Queens and Jr. Miss – event details
• Feb. 4, 2019: Crop Scouting School
Fisher Delta Research Center, Portageville, Missouri – event details
If you have an event you want listed, please send the information to Rice Farming editor Vicky Boyd at email@example.com.