Arkansas Rice is once again seeking high school juniors and seniors in the state who want to learn more about rice and participate in rice advocacy programs. Participants also will be eligible for 10 scholarships.
The program, dubbed “Rice Reps,” runs from May through September and is sponsored by Arkansas Rice.
During this period, reps will actively participate in a program designed to teach them through education and volunteerism about rice farming and the crop’s importance around the world. They are also invited to attend four different, on-site experiences to better understand the reach of rice in Arkansas.
Reps will not only teach and share what they have learned but also seek other opportunities to learn and expand their knowledge.
Scholarship winners will be named and recognized at a final reception in September.
Deadline to apply to become a rep is April 16.
• Current junior or rising senior in high school
• Any county in Arkansas may participate
• Ag background not required
• Post on social media two times per month using #ARRiceReps21 (materials will be provided for optional reference)
• Participate in a minimum of two of the four on-site experiences offered by Arkansas Rice
• Submit the scholarship form by Aug. 31